Founded in 1987, IDS is a leading provider of bridge engineering software applications to bridge design engineers and bridge builders worldwide.
We provide computer-based solutions for bridge engineers and designers who need sophisticated analysis for complex bridge structures. Our philosophy is to develop products that provide an outstanding combination of functionality and ease-of-use at affordable prices.
The company’s first software product Bridge Designer™ and its graphical user interface (GUI) are used by many consultants and bridge design groups worldwide. Since its inception, IDS has developed and marketed bridge design and construction software, and provides 2D and 3D modeling and analysis services to consultants throughout the world.
IDS Software is routinely used for the following types of bridges and projects:
- Post-Tensioned Concrete Segmental Bridges
Time dependent Analysis & Design of Concrete and Composite Bridges
- Composite Cable-Stayed Bridges
Non-Linear Analysis of Composite Cable-Stayed Bridges
- Spliced-Girders and Composite Sections
Pre-Cast Bulb-Tees – Spliced Girders – Composite Bridges
- Pre-casting Operations
Geometry Control and Erection Monitoring
- Mature products on the market for more than a decade – used in North America, Europe, Middle-East and Asia
- Very easy to use after a brief training period
- Best value on market
- Excellent support and long track record
- Widely used
- Live load generator and flexible code check (AASHTO, BS5400, LRFD)
- Has achieved a level of standard such that users group may exchange model files with a consistent format
I have relied on IDS Bridge Designer software for the past ten years to provide analysis and design for complex bridge structures. BD2 & BD3 are the most versatile, efficient and purpose-built programs available for segmental bridge design. The value of the Bridge Designer software lies in the intuitive input and the ease with which modifications can be made to complex models.
– Zach Godsell, P.E. S.E. Senior Bridge Engineer
HDR Engineering, Inc.