The IDS Bridge Designer™ provides a time simulation of detailed, unlimited construction stages for concrete pre/post-tensioned and cable-stay bridges. The intuitive user interface enables fast design iteration and models may be analyzed in 2D plane frame or 3D space frame.
The analysis provided is exceptional for concrete segmental bridges built in cantilever or span-by-span (or any other construction method), concrete cable-stayed bridges, and composite structures.
IDS Bridge Designer™ software has been used extensively for bridge design and analysis in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia since the early nineties. All IDS software conforms to international bridge design specifications including AASHTO, LRFD, BS5400, and IRC6.
- Time-dependent construction simulation in accordance with specific design codes
- Easy evaluation of deflection and stress redistributions in accordance with your specific design code
- 3D models with no memory constraints or limitations on size or construction stages
- 3D post-tensioning layout optimization including evaluation of primary vs. secondary effects and factoring of PT forces
- Stressing, de-stressing, re-stressing, and grouting tendons as required in construction stages
- Detailed construction sequences
- Time-dependent differential creep and shrinkage re-distributions in composite structures
- Cable-stay bridge construction sequences, stressing, de-stressing, and re-stressing stays including geometric non-linearity due to stay sags as well as girder and pylon deflections
- Parametric variable cross-section transverse geometry
- Customizable service code that takes into account deflections and stresses generated by non-linear thermal gradients
- Accurate reports of exact time-dependent differential creep and shrinkage re-distributions in spliced-girder structures
- Code based, live-loads definition and combinations
Bridge Designer™ will help you design and analyze your structure
to ensure it stands the test of time
Bridge Designer™ – Ease of Use
Bridge Designer™ – Performance
- Simple yet functional graphical user interface with a familiar, efficient screen layout
and focused guidance/terminology
- “Sub-Structuring” – for faster processing and a more intuitive approach to project design
- Parametric bridge models that use a consistent and efficient methodology
- Intuitive user interface tools that allow for fast evaluation of bridge model features, construction stages, and long term behavior
- Graphical display of specific analysis results of interest such as vertical deflections over time and shear and axial stresses (under various construction load-cases and in-service)
- Visual check of 3D model horizontal curvature with compelling visualization features, custom or standard 3D views and optional partial transparency
- Export capabilities that are fully compatible with other software versions and products including graphic design files that are compatible with your firm’s CAD environment
The IDS Bridge Designer™ was developed by veteran bridge builders for global use by bridge engineers, designers, builders in design firms, and governmental/educational entities.
Time-Dependent Material Properties and Time-Dependent Analysis
Evaluating these by hand is near impossible and many U.S. States and countries now have guidelines in their design codes for the purpose of evaluating these re-distributions.
Bridge Designer™ is a “simulation” environment where material properties are used to simulate the behavior of structures during construction and over their lifetime.
This is a must-have feature for the analysis of concrete segmental post-tensioned bridges and concrete cable-stay bridges.
Transverse Analysis of Box Girder
In Box Girder conceptual design, each section must accommodate roadway width and transverse both permanent and service loads. Because section dimensions and mechanical properties determine overall structural weight and therefore longitudinal post-tensioning, a cross-section analysis is crucial.
This analysis includes longitudinal post-tensioning needed for span lengths, deflections, stresses, and resistance in service.
Bridge Designer™ models a unit length of girder section allowing for complete evaluation of the cross-section behavior under transverse loading.
This is a must-have for Post-Tensioned concrete segmental bridges.
Differential Creep and Shrinkage of Spliced-Girder Bridges
Evaluating stress corrections due to differential creep in shrinkage in the beam and slab is critical during the design stage.
This redistribution is time-dependent and varies greatly depending on the static equilibrium during construction stages.
Bridge Designer™ offers unlimited configuration and construction stages and delivers an exact stress computation of these effects, something near impossible to do by hand computations.
This is a must-have for composite structures such as “Spliced-Girders” bridges which are becoming a standard in the U.S. to accommodate longer span lengths with precast, pre-stressed beams.
Non Linear Temperature Gradients Analysis and Service Stress Check
Bridge Designer™ provides the tools needed to properly define thermal positive and negative thermal gradients, linear or non-linear. It also allows for the combination of temperature stresses to permanent and live-load stresses according to code.
It is is necessary to evaluate thermal stresses in concrete segmental bridges and pre-stressed or composite girders bridges. This feature is a code requirement in all bridge design regulations around the world.
Construction Stages and Service Stresses of Cable-Stayed and Extradosed Bridges
Cable-Stayed girders usually experience structural non-linear behavior due to variation of cable sag during erection stages. Extrados bridges usually behave linearly since cables or tendons are short and sometimes embedded in concrete. This feature is significant as these types of structures are becoming commonplace throughout the world.
Bridge Designer™ checks the construction stages and service stresses of cable-stayed and extradosed bridges with unlimited variations on the number of elements, material, segments, tendons, stays or construction phases.
This software is also able to generate cross-sections and structure geometry as well as stay cables geometry and the definition of construction phases over time.
This is a must-have for cable-stayed bridges in all design scenarios – particularly when built in “cantilever” phases.