GEOM3D™ provides a powerful, 3D, interactive environment for the modeling and design of precast segmental bridges. Combining theoretical roadway geometry with structure conceptual geometry and construction type, this powerful software generates precast control point coordinates for geometry control. Each concrete segment is defined for quick, easy, and accurate geometry control for precision match casting.
Each geometric bridge model is created with multiple “deck layouts” for structure implementation using:
- Multiple definitions of horizontal and vertical alignments
- Variable super elevations and transitions
- Optional definition of girder variable width
- Girder parametric cross-sections
Using an intuitive, workflow-driven interface, concrete bridge structures can be designed and visualized based on industry standards and best practice methods.
- 3D models without memory constraints or size limitations
- Multiple reference lines and horizontal alignments
- Constant or variable offset alignments
- Multiple profile grade lines
- Multiple super elevations and transitions
- Multiple “deck layout” definitions by combinations of the above elements as needed
- Parametric variable, transverse cross-section geometry
- Multiple casting units for standard erection methods (balanced cantilever, span-by-span)
- 3D rendering views
- Generation of control point coordinates for short-cell casting
- Span layout drawings with control points
- Export capabilities to Excel and geometry control programs such as the IDS MC3D™ Geometry Control
- Export capabilities to Autocad and Microstation CAD files
- Ability to optimize the design by automatically generating variable parametric cross-section transverse geometry and properties
GEOM3D™ is the software of choice when you need
to quickly set up, view, edit and test
a complete bridge model or multiple bridge structures
- Simple, functional graphical user interface with a familiar, efficient screen layout and focused guidance/terminology
- “Sub-Structuring” – for faster processing and a more intuitive approach to project design
- Parametric bridge models that use a consistent and efficient methodology
- Intuitive user interface tools that allow for fast creation of casting units
- Check horizontal curvature of 3D model with compelling visualization features
- 3D views including perspective viewpoint and optional partial transparency
- Import and export capabilities that are fully compatible with other software versions and products including graphic design files that are compatible with your firm’s CAD environment
When creating a reliable 3D bridge model for casting, it is imperative that the “starter” (pier, abutment and expansion) segments are precisely positioned.
GEOM3D™ offers multiple options for the placement of these segments including custom rotation of the starter segment.
This custom rotation ensures the model will have proper grade and cross-fall.
3D Analysis Based on Horizontal and Vertical Roadway Geometry
Accuracy: 3D model based on exact roadway geometry (horizontal and vertical alignments).
Convenience: The same model can be used for both analysis and geometry control.
Efficiency: Using the same 3D definition for analysis and geometry saves time and is a more efficient solution than having multiple models from various software applications.
Eliminates Errors: Having one 3D model that can be used for multiple purposes eliminates risks of errors and possibly inaccurate duplication of data.
GEOM3D™ generates 3D models quickly and efficiently. It also performs a large amount of complex 3D geometric matrix computations which do not lend themselves to manual computations. Doing these operations manually is extremely time-consuming and prone to errors and/or inaccuracy which can become costly when not recognized in a timely manner.
Creation of Span Layout Drawings
GEOM3D™ creates span layout drawings from the three-dimensional model of casting units. These span layout drawings are created by assembling one or more casting units including control point coordinates of concrete segments for all casting units.
For a balanced cantilever, GEOM3D™ assembles both downstation and upstation units (half-cantilever) at specific pier stations.
Shop drawings can be exported to Autocad or Microstation.